Re: [XBoard-devel] new developer release coming soon

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] new developer release coming soon
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 00:29:28 -0800

Hi

> I think that would be totally fatal for the acceptance of XBoard. Most
> people
> compile from source, and if they cannot do it by a simple ./configure,
> make,
> they are totally lost.

I don't think that most people install it by hand... most people get it
from their distributions I would think...

> If gettext cannot be made to run without problems for people having 0.17,
> like me, (and I do run the most-recent long-term-stable version of
> Ubuntu!),
> we must make sure it is switched off by default.

I just had a look at

http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/devel/   11.10
http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/devel/     11.04
http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/devel/  10.10

and they all list gettext 0.18.1? I would think all distributions newer
than the 21 month since the release of the latest gettext would ship
with it..

cheers
        ARUN