Re: [XBoard-devel] mime types

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] mime types
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 17:48:14 -0800

Hi

On 01/09/2012 03:26 AM, Byrial Jensen wrote:
> Den 09-01-2012 07:24, Arun Persaud wrote:
>>[...]
>> I'm not sure how this works exactly. But I think when creating the rpm
>> you call a macro that installs the desktop file in the right locations
>> and takes care of putting it in the games menu, so it's not part of the
>> configure/make/make install cycle... not sure how to install multiple
>> desktops file correctly though. At the moment we are calling the xdg-*
>> directly via make. Probably also not the right thing to do, at least we
>> should check for the xdg-* executable before running it... I guess on OS
>> X for example this might break the install at the moment... If I have
>> some more time this week I'll look into it a bit more.
>
> The xdg-* programs are shell scripts, and it would be possible to
> include them in the xboard package.
>
> However when packing for Linux distributions, I don't that will be
> necessary.
> [...]

I wasn't thinking of adding the xdg programs, but to check if they
exists, since at the moment they are part of "make install". I don't
know how OS X handles this, but I would imagine that they don't have the
xdg* scripts and therefore make would fail at the moment...

Still haven't found the time to look into it though...

ARUN