Re: [XBoard-devel] mime types

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] mime types
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 22:25:21 +0100

I have to say that I don't really know, I just used the commands you
mentioned in one of the emails and it it seems to work OK ;)

Sure, I don'texpect making 1,10 or 100 copies of the files first could
interfere in any way with installing them. The question is whether it
is necessary at all. When I used these cammands to install by hand,
I did not make any copies, but ran the xdg commands directly on the
files in the source tree. That (of course) worked, but it still works, although
afterwards I moved the icon files away to the pixmaps soure directory.
And I experimented renaming the pgn-viewer desktop file, and clicking
a PGN file kept bringing up XBoard. There also would not have to be
any fuss about name collisions of desktop files if they had to be stored
in a xboard directory.

So I made some changes in Makefile.am to install directly from the
sources. I also changed the name of the tourney icon to
application-x-chess-trn, which at the same time fixed the previous
typo.