Re: [XBoard-devel] developer release

From: Byrial Jensen
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] developer release
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:37:34 +0100

Den 04-01-2012 00:01, Arun Persaud skrev:
Hi

just FYI: once we have all of HGM's latest patches in, I'll see if I can
create another developer release today and update the POT file at the
translation project.

Hi,

Before that it would be useful to add some translator comments to explain contexts where necessary. There is at least the color button texts ("R", "G", "B", "D") in xoptions.c (What does D stand for? Darken? Decrease? Something else?)

The most important missing translations at the moment is the engineNames values. Texts like "%s engine did something" cannot be properly translated as long the words "first" or "second" are inserted untranslated. That should really be fixed.

args.h also needs to be mentioned in po/potfiles.in as it is now, as it contains several translatable texts. However I really don't understand why there is C functions in a header file. That is bad coding style. Why isn't they in args.c?

- Byrial