[XBoard-devel] A suggestion: option to set WM_NAME

From: Nikos Leonardos
Subject: [XBoard-devel] A suggestion: option to set WM_NAME
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:45:52 -0400

Dear developers of xboard--

First, thank you for the nice program. I use it to play chess
online and to study positions.

I have the following suggestion. I use FVWM as a window manager
and I often rely on WM_NAME or WM_CLASS to set the style of a
window. It would be useful to me to be able to set the name of
the xboard window via an option, say -wmname.

At the moment, the command

 # xboard -name myname

is affecting WM_CLASS. I use that fact, but I'm not sure the
-name option was supposed to be used this way.

Thank you,
--Nikos