Re: [XBoard-devel] Latest and future developments

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Latest and future developments
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 13:13:25 -0700

Hi

>[...] I think that more than than justifies a new bugfix release (4.5.3).
> So I propose we do a development release with the current content
> of hgm.nubati.net/hgm4.5.2, in the hope to attract some testing,
> and if there are no major complaints, do the 4.5.3 release a few
> weeks later.

will pull those in in the next few weeks and then create a development
release

> In the mean time I will prepare a development release for the master
> branch, based on what is now in hgmaster/search/profile. I still
> want to iron out some imperfections of the new position-search
> functions there (in particulare dynamic memory allocation for
> the game memory cache). After that, there seems enough new
> stuff to start working towards a 4.6.0 release.
>
> I updated the http://hgm.nubati.net/news.html file to get descriptions
> of all new stuff in there.

once your done with the news files, can you push it to git (into the
www-branch?)

> I guess everything but the non-chess games
> and the pictorial promotion / piece menus (which have been superceded
> by detour under-promotion) can go into 4.6.0,and I will prepare a
> proper selection from it to goon Savannah.

I'll try to catch up on other stuff too in the next few days, but I'm
not sure how much time I'll have for xboard in the next few weeks.

cheers
        ARUN