Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk update

From: John Cheetham
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk update
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 22:46:30 +0100 (BST)

--- On Tue, 14/6/11, Arun Persaud <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Arun Persaud <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] gtk update
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Tuesday, 14 June, 2011, 17:33
> On 06/14/2011 06:12 AM, h.g. muller
> wrote:
> > I down loaded the gtk-xt branch from git, and tried to
> compile it on
> > Ubuntu 9.04
> > (Which run on the machine that hosts my ICS). I run
> into a linking
> > error, though:
> >
> > undefined reference to
> 'gtk_file_chooser_set_create_folders'
> >
> > What is missing? I had no trouble compiling the
> regular gtk branch on that
> > machine, last time I tried. (Which is a long time ago;
> that machine is not
> > normaly accessible for working on, because the
> internet cable dooms it
> > to be pinned down underneath a desk.)
>
> I'll look into it.  Looks like I used a feature that
> is not yet
> available in the gtk-version on 9.04... I'll double check
> and correct it.
>
> Arun

Yes I think it's version issues. ubuntu 9.04 uses libgtk2.0-dev version 2.16.
'gtk_file_chooser_set_create_folders' is only available in 2.18 and later.

I commented out that line (5082) in xboard.c and it compiled ok. It then fails
at run time though with:

Error: 7 gtk/evalgraph.glade: required gtk+ version 2.20, current version is
2.16
Error: gtk_builder didn't work (EvalGraph)!
Error: gtk_builder didn't work (EvalGraphDrawingArea)!

so the glade file requires version 2.20.

JC