Re: [XBoard-devel] xboard translation on its way

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] xboard translation on its way
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 23:04:53 -0700

Hi

> I hadn't seen this post when I started to work at the Russian XBoard
> translation. The translation is almost finished now but require some
> testing. I have to stop because the translation project takes care of
> it and it is absolutely impossible for me to ally myself to this
> obscure organization.

may I ask what's obscure about it? They handle the translation for quite
a long list of packages

http://translationproject.org/domain/index.html

many of them being very common programs (e.g. bash, wget,...)

> If my participation is still desirable you could
> inform them that the Russian translation will be maintained by an
> external translator. If so, please inform me too.

If you already have a translation and would like to include it into
xboard that would be great! Going through the translation project should
be easier than signing the copyright paperwork for the FSF as far as I
understand... if you don't want to do this, perhaps we can discuss
offline how we could move forward...

Arun