[XBoard-devel] SVG version of XBoard pixmaps for chess

From: Antoine Mathys
Subject: [XBoard-devel] SVG version of XBoard pixmaps for chess
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:51:40 +0200

Hello,

I have created (significantly) hand-adjusted vectorized version (SVG) of the standard chess pixmaps distributed with XBoard 4.5.1.

You might include them in XBoard if you want. They should be good enough to use as a replacement if XBoard makes the switch to SVG, or to generate bitmaps.

They are not perfect, but look good enough and fix some problems (though I am not completely happy with the black rook). I use them currently with glChess to get a retro XBoard feel :-)

I there is interest I could work on the fairy pieces or make adjustments.

download them here: http://dreamdeveloper.ch/pub/xboard-chess-svg-1.0.zip