Re: [XBoard-devel] 64-bit alert

From: Tim Mann
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] 64-bit alert
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:31:33 -0700

That's unfortunate. I've used mostly 64-bit systems for many years -- ever since the DEC Alpha became available within DEC, where I worked at the time -- and my releases of xboard were 64-bit clean from then on.

However, if I remember right, the last time I tried to compile xboard, it did get a lot of those warnings but they were actually harmless. I think it was a case where you were passing some small integer value through some X callback that takes a (void *), then casting back to a 32-bit type later. I thought I'd sent some mail about that, if not even a patch... maybe I forgot to.

When I get some time I will try compiling again and let you know what I find. The last couple of months have been crazy but after this week things will slow down a bit for me. Though I'll still have a backlog of stuff to catch up on.