Re: [XBoard-devel] next steps after 4.4.3

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] next steps after 4.4.3
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 13:55:55 -0700

Hi

> Can you give me an overview of the standard GTK bindings?

here are some for gnome:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/input-keyboard.html.en

I don't think we will have a lot of overlap, but in case we have a
similar entry, I think it wouldn't hurt to use the same shortcut and
also the same acceleration key... since we will have lots of entries
that are not common with other applications, perhaps it would be more
important to avoid popular gnome keybindings, so that people don't get
confused...

Another way to go would be to look at some other chess programs and try
to get similar keybindings as they do like scid for example.

As far as saving files goes, I would think we should do ctrl-s for games
and shift-control-s for positions and make that consistent everywhere...
(think this is the way it is in Winboard already?)

ARUN