Re: [XBoard-devel] xboard icon

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] xboard icon
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:50:27 +0100

At 20:08 25-2-2010 -0800, Arun Persaud wrote:
Hi

I would like to specify an icon to be used for xboard via autotools. So
I took the one from bitmap/icon_white.png and made the background
transparent, which seems to be the standard for most icons I have on my
desktop ;)

The only strange thing I notice is that this icon_white that you attached looks
awfully much like a BLACK knight...

Which is OK, as this is the icon we want. In Debian packages the icon is
distributed as an .xpm file. I don't know if that is mandatory, or that any
graphical format would do. I put the pixmap of the icon that I distribute
with the binary Debian packages in git, (pixmaps/xboard.xpm), and pushed
it to hgm.nubati, so it is accessible to everyone. But I think it is the same
image as the one you attached (although I am not 100% sure about the
size).

We could also include it as an SVG, which would look a lot better, but
might not be as portable as a png.

Let me know what you think.

Arun