Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: patches

From: Tim Mann
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: patches
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:40:33 -0800

FSF prefers to own all the code in official GNU projects, but it's not
an absolute requirement.  Offhand it sounds okay to me to use a dialog
from another GPL'ed project that wasn't assigned to the FSF.

Stepping back from this one issue, though, I really hope to see the GTK
version get far enough along that everyone can be working on that one
and let the Athena Widgets version die.  This will save HG and anyone
else working on the current version a lot of effort trying to hack
around the deficiencies in the ancient Xaw widget set.

        --Tim

--
Tim Mann  address@hidden  http://tim-mann.org/