Re: [XBoard-devel] lots of changes in git

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] lots of changes in git
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 22:35:51 +0100

The master branch includes all changes including bigger ones (for
example frontend-backend separation). I also started a new branch called
4.4.x which contains mostly bugfixes and will become the next 4.4.2.
That one should get a bit more testing, so that we can release 4.4.2
soonish... It probably also needs updates for the windows .dev files...

The 4.4.x branch should not need any updates to the make / project files,
as they did not change the file structure. Although, during working on it,
I ran into a missing dependency: It did not recompile the resource
(winboard.rc) when I had changed the config.h, although winboard.rc
(through a patch by Eric) now uses the version number defined in the latter.

The master branch is significantly restructured; I only reflected those changes
in Makefile.am (XBoard) and makefile.gcc (WinBoard). But it is a bit pointless
to fix that now, as the patches that still reside with Arun will again change
a lot compared to the latest version that is in git now.