[XBoard-devel] versions on alpha.gnu.org

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] versions on alpha.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 18:54:10 -0700

Hi

since we got quite a few bug reports lately, I thought it would be nice
to give people tar-balls more frequently, so that they can test if the
bug has been fixed (or find new bugs). I was thinking of automating the
creation for the tar-balls on my computer and upload one perhaps every
weekend or so.

My plan would be to keep the last 5 tar-ball version on alpha.gnu.org
and use a version number of 4.4.x.pre<date>, so at the moment something
like: 4.4.1.pre20091018.tar.gz (this is similar to
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Test-Releases.html#Test-Releases
). I would also add a signed tag to git, so that people can reference
the git commit.

What do you all think?

ARUN