Re: [XBoard-devel] Future plans

From: Michel Van den Bergh
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Future plans
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 16:09:52 +0200

Ok I made a new version which ressembles HGM's version except that in the case polyglot is started with polyglot_1st.ini or polyglot_2nd.ini it (or with "-noini")
it uses a config file derived from the engine name. So

xboard -fcp <EngineName> -fUCI

works more works more or less as expected.  I have not posted it yet since
I want to do a bit more testing.

To settle the issue of PG sending too many options. Is there a way PG can know it is
running under WB (and not for example under icsDrone)?
I guess adding a -wb <version> argument to the template would take care of that but this would not work with the
currently released version of WB.

The options that are currently useful to WB are probably

Log
LogFile
Book
BookFile