[XBoard-devel] Re: beta installer, release and new development

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Re: beta installer, release and new development
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:07:44 -0700

Hi

> This is a very preliminary version of the installer for you to try.

will try this out tomorrow, I only can try it via Wine on Linux though,
since I don't have a windows machine ;)

Seems like we got a few bugs fixed (I still got one patch from HGM that
I haven't uploaded)... what else is left on our (non-existing) checklist
before we release?

I'm thinking that we probably should release soon and perhaps after we
get more exposure with the release do a 4.4.1 which will just be a
bug-fix release to 4.4.0.

That way all the new changes can go directly into the gtk-version. I
started working on it a bit and HGM also mentioned that there are some
backend changes he is working on, but since at this point the interface
is still all over the place, it probably makes more sense to do all the
new development directly on the new gtk-branch and not in 4.4.1 in which
case we would need to keep three versions (gtk, windows and X) up to date...

ARUN