[XBoard-devel] gtk version

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: [XBoard-devel] gtk version
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 14:12:21 -0700

Hi

I started a gtk-branch in git. Just uploaded a few lines of code change. A GTK
windows opens that doesn't really look anything like xboard (the board is
missing;)), the exit entry in the menu works, but that's about it... also there
are lot of printfs in the code for debugging at the moment... a lot of code
needs to be cleaned up still and put in a better location... but it might be a
good starting point.

As for the GTK bits:
I'm using gtk-builder to create the windows. At the moment not all menu-options
from the last X version are available, but I'll add more in the next weeks. I
think we should try to separate the GUI stuff as much as possible from the
other files.
I'm also using gtk version 2.16, which has better support for the builder AFAIK
and I guess since we start fresh with GTK we might as well require the latest
version. In the long run we should perhaps also reorganize the code a bit and
move all GUI related stuff into their own files (I tried to start that by
adding a callback.[ch] and an interface.[ch])

Fell free to check it out and start working on the branch too if you like.

ARUN