Re: [XBoard-devel] Desktop Effects (Compiz)

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Desktop Effects (Compiz)
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:16:24 +0200

I guess that if we don't get linking errors when we omit it, we don't need it...

There must be subtly different routines of the same name in those libraries.
I think this is an error that is commonly encountered in linkers: they check
for undefined references, but not for doubly defined references. I once spent
days debugging a Pascal program, and the problem turned out to be that
one of the functions I defined also occurred in a library, and it preferred the
one in the library over mine...

so -lXt is not needed... do we need it for other reasons or should I
just generally get rid of it?

ARUN