Re: [XBoard-devel] autoconf problem

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] autoconf problem
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 19:31:29 +0200

I think the VERSION and PATCHLEVEL only occur together;
I don't know what the originl reason was to separate them.
Anyway, they are both used in backend.c now to build the
complete name (in 3 different formats) to appear in about box
and debug file, and in winboard.c for in the winboard.ini file.

If the entire version number will now be in a single variable,
we could drop the other and change the sprintf format strings
accordingly.

Note that in the debian package I released for beta testing on
WinBord forum I already bumped the XBoard version name to 4.4.0k,
an I have already send you a patch on that one.