Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: xboard/winboard maintenance

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: xboard/winboard maintenance
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 16:24:01 -0500

Thanks for the updates.  That's good news.

    will do... At the moment I'm not sure if I should/can use Savannah for
    code where we don't have the copyright transfer signed yet.

Using savannah is independent of having copyright papers signed, so I'd
say go ahead with that.   Better to have them checked in there than not.

Technically contributions shouldn't be used before papers are signed (or
having multiple copyright holders is accepted), but I know it's almost
impossible to hold to that.

There is no problem with having multiple administrators of the savannah
project.  That is independent of who is the "official" GNU maintainer.

Are there any problems with switching to GPLv3+ and GFDLv1.3+ for the
next release, whenever it comes about?  Could that change be made in the
trunk code now, if not already?

Thanks again,
Karl