xbindkeys-devel

[Xbindkeys-devel] Hotkeys using Mode_switch'ed buttons

From: John Roy
Subject: [Xbindkeys-devel] Hotkeys using Mode_switch'ed buttons
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 22:12:37 +0600

Hello.
I have
keycode 65 = space space XF86Battery XF86Battery
in my .xmodmap file, so pressing 'Mode_switch'+space actually
generates XF86Battery key events. There is also actual XF86Battery
button on my keyboard. However, binds using XF86Battery work only with
actual one. At first I thought that's because by default Mode_switch
belongs to a group Mod5 and removed it, no success. I tried defining
analogous actions on "Mod5 + XF86Battery", "Mode_switch +
XF86Battery", "Mode_switch + space", and several others, none of them
worked with Mode_switch either in Mod5 or not. I tried enabling and
disabling *lock handling (because of Mod5), still no reaction.

xev clearly shows that Mode_switch+space is XF86Battery. On the other
hand, xbindkeys -k shows
"(Scheme function)"
   m:0x0 + c:65
   space
on a single space (without mode_switch) and
"(Scheme function)"
   m:0x2000 + c:65
   space
when pressing mode_switch+space. Of course, I tried using "m:0x2000 +
c:65" with various *lock settings, doesn't work.

For any of aforementioned hotkey definitions xbindkeys -v -n just do
not react to pressing mode_switch+space (it reacts to other hotkeys
like the one with real XF86Battery).

If that matters, my Mode_switch is not 'real', it is 'Menu' key
redefined by xmodmap (keycode 135 = Mode_switch). I use awesome 3.4.10
and openbox. Is there a way to make xbindkeys react to hotkeys using
Mode_switch?