xbindkeys-devel

[Xbindkeys-devel] Re: [xbindkeys] Crash. Some questions and probably fix

From: Anatoly Bashmakov
Subject: [Xbindkeys-devel] Re: [xbindkeys] Crash. Some questions and probably fix
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 01:01:44 +0300

Thank you for your attention, Phillippe!

> > I found that xbindkeys crashes when run with libX11-1.3.99.903 (1.4.0
> > RC3). Log attached.
> >
> Ok, thanks a lot for the report.
Now I'm using libX11-1.4, but with the same result.

> Well, following the manual page for DisplayString, this function returns
> what is passed to the Xopendisplay function.
> On my box, with libx11-1.3.5, it's ':0.0'.
>
> Normaly, there is no need for the +2 chars (must be +4 on my box and at
> least +5 on a remote display ':10.0').
Yes, I understand it's terrible solution, but with one little
advantage: works for me )

> Please can you tell me what is the value of your $DISPLAY variable and
> the value returned by DisplayString with the little patch above?
:0

> Can you also make a test by fixing explicitly the DISPLAY variable:
>
> $ DISPLAY=:0 xbindkeys -n -v
No luck. I attached two outputs with and without setting DISPLAY

If you need any additional info, please, feel free to ask.

--
Anatoly