www-zh-cn-translators

Re: LibrePlanet 2024 talk

From: Jing Luo
Subject: Re: LibrePlanet 2024 talk
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 12:40:53 +0900

On 2024-02-29 10:14, xws192222@Safe-mail.net wrote:
Hi, All:

LibrePlanet: Cultivating Community will be held on May 4 and 5, 2024. The in person part of the conference will take place at the Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, MA, USA.

This year's theme is Cultivating Community.

I will be giving a talk: It is easy to contribute to GNU

https://libreplanet.org/2024/speakers/#6614

In the talk, I would like to mention the following names explicitly:

DENG Nan/hagb/psaice/jiderlesi/nios34/shankangke/wind/jing/hahawang/shi

If any of you have concern, please let me know.

If you have any suggestion about the topic, please also let me know.

[...]

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw your name on the FSF newsletter. I wish you best luck to your trip to Boston.

On the other hand, I'm honored but also flattered that you would even mention my name, despite that in the past 6 months since I joined the group, my contribution was minor and trivial. I do apologize: I have to divide my time among CTT, GNU webmaster team, and recently Savannah hackers. I have failed to honor the deadlines I myself set on Savannah's trackers. I have the Emacs window open for weeks but I still failed to make any progress.

wxie, I'm interested in knowing what you'll talk about at libreplanet. You could mention that by contributing to GNU, contributors also learn much more about free software, not only the philosophy, but also our "hacker skills", as I would call it. In the context of CTT and my experience specifically, I learned to use Emacs (but only barely) and CVS, then I refreshed my knowledge about HTML. And I think this experience helped me a lot when I applied to be a GNU webmaster.

OK, that's all from me. Good luck at libreplanet!

--
Jing Luo
About me: https://jing.rocks/about/