www-it-traduzioni

Re: [www-it-traduzioni] Traduzioni per license-list.it.html

From: Andrea Pescetti
Subject: Re: [www-it-traduzioni] Traduzioni per license-list.it.html
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 08:53:20 +0200

Il 07/08/2012 18:24, Andrea Pescetti ha scritto:
dalle proposte viste sembra che se l'originale inglese
rimane "lax" (quasi sempre accompagnato a "permissive": "lax,
permissive") una traduzione adatta possa essere "debole" (e quindi
"debole, permissiva" per "lax, permissive").

Attendiamo un po' per vedere se arrivano ripensamenti, chiarimenti o
commenti da parte di RMS

Non sono arrivati ripensamenti. Sono invece arrivati questi commenti su francese e spagnolo, che in sintesi dicono che "debole" e' accettabile se non abbiamo termini piu' specifici.

  ---
[francese]
>   The French equivalent of 1a would be "laxiste", which means "very
>   permissive" and nothing else. It does have a negative connotation.
>   "Une licence laxiste et permissive" would be redundant.

"Lax, permissive" is not redundant in English.  "Lax" focuses on
criticism, whereas "permissive" focuses more on the facts about the
license.  Maybe we could do without "permissive", but I think it is
better to keep it.  Also, it is the term we used in the past,
and keeping it provides continuity.

If the meanings in French are similar to the meanings in English, it
is better to keep "laxiste" and "permissive".

>   If you also mean "vague", I can translate into "licence imprecise
>   et permissive", where the negative connotation is given by
>   "imprecise".

These licenses are not vague.

For a license to be substantially vague is a major flaw.  If these
licenses had such a flaw, we would say "don't use this".  But they
don't.

[spagnolo]
I think "débil" is ok to use for "lax", but not ideal.  It means
"weak".

It is correct to call these licenses "weak", but I used "lax" because
it is more specific than "weak".  It states a particular kind of
weakness that we are dealing with here.  I don't know whether Spanish
has a specific word like "lax"; if so, it might be better.  If not,
then "débil" is fine.
  ---

Ciao,
  Andrea.