[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Tue, 22 Jan 2019 01:02:02 -0500 (EST)
Module name: www
Changes by: Ineiev <ineiev> 19/01/22 01:02:02
Apply boilerplate, add a note saying the package has been
RCS file: /web/www/www/software/xhippo/xhippo.html,v
retrieving revision 1.7
retrieving revision 1.8
diff -u -b -r1.7 -r1.8
--- xhippo.html 21 Jan 2019 16:30:49 -0000 1.7
+++ xhippo.html 22 Jan 2019 06:02:02 -0000 1.8
@@ -1,82 +1,115 @@
-<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
- <TITLE>GNU xhippo</TITLE>
- <LINK REV="made" HREF="mailto:address@hidden">
- <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="xhippo">
- <BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000" LINK="#1F00FF" ALINK="#FF0000"
- <H3>GNU xhippo</H3>
- <p><A HREF="/graphics/agnuhead.html"><IMG SRC="/graphics/gnu-head-sm.jpg"
- ALT=" [image of the Head of a GNU] "
- WIDTH="129" HEIGHT="122"></A>
+<!--#include virtual="/server/header.html" -->
+<!-- Parent-Version: 1.87 -->
+<title>(Decommissioned) GNU xhippo
+- GNU Project - Free Software Foundation</title>
+<!--#include virtual="/server/gnun/initial-translations-list.html" -->
+<!--#include virtual="/server/banner.html" -->
- <P>GNU xhippo is a generic playlist manager program for a variety
+<p>The GNU xhippo has been decommissioned.</p>
+ <p>GNU xhippo is a generic playlist manager program for a variety
of Unix sound players. It's been shown to work with mpg123,
bplay, s3mod, tracker, xmp and timidity, and should work with
more-or-less anything that can take a filename on the command
- line. (The latest versions of all of these players may be found
- through Freshmeat's
- <a href="http://www.freshmeat.net/appindex/">Appindex</a>.) It is
+ line. It is
capable of automatically deciding which player to use depending
on a file's extension; the defaults are set in a config file. It
uses textual playlist files, which are easily generated with the
- ``find'' or ``locate'' utilities (and are compatible with most
+ “find” or “locate” utilities (and are compatible
other Unix sound players). xhippo's interface is very loosely
- modelled on the ``HippoPlayer'' player for the Amiga.
+ modelled on the “HippoPlayer” player for the Amiga.</p>
- <p><img src="screenshot.jpeg"
- alt="[screenshot of a typical xhippo window]"
- width=202 height=270>
+ <p><img src="/software/xhippo/screenshot.jpeg"
+ alt=" [screenshot of a typical xhippo window] "
+ width="202" height="270" /></p>
- <P>xhippo was developed under Debian GNU/Linux, but it contains
+ <p>xhippo was developed under Debian GNU/Linux, but it contains
nothing Linux-specific, so it will probably work on any
Unix-like system where gcc, glib, getopt_long and GTK are
- available; standard "ports" are available for NetBSD and
+ available; standard “ports” are available for NetBSD and
FreeBSD. xhippo will optionally integrate with the GNOME
desktop, supporting GNOME themes and drag-and-drop, and supports
specific GTK themes through its own <tt>gtkrc</tt>. xhippo can
optionally read the ID3 tags from MP3 files, and has
randomisation features ensuring that you don't hear the same
- song over and over again.
+ song over and over again.</p>
<p>xhippo is highly configurable both at compile-time and at
- runtime, and supports both German and English interfaces.
+ runtime, and supports both German and English interfaces.</p>
- <P>xhippo comes with <b>no warranty</b>, to the extent permitted by law.
+ <p>xhippo comes with <b>no warranty</b>, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of GNU xhippo under the terms of
- the GNU General Public License.
+ the GNU General Public License.</p>
<p>xhippo was written by Adam Sampson, <a
href="mailto:address@hidden"><address@hidden></a>. Bugs and
suggestions should be reported to <a
Other contributors are credited in the ChangeLog file which can
- be found in the distribution.
+ be found in the distribution.</p>
- Return to <A HREF="/home.html">GNU's home page</A>.
- FSF & GNU inquiries & questions to
- <A HREF="mailto:address@hidden"><EM>address@hidden</EM></A>.
- Other <A HREF="/home.html#ContactInfo">ways to contact</A> the FSF.
- Comments on these web pages to
- <A HREF="mailto:address@hidden"><EM>address@hidden</EM></A>,
- send other questions to
- <A HREF="mailto:address@hidden"><EM>address@hidden</EM></A>.
- Copyright (C) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
- Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article is
- permitted in any medium, provided this notice is preserved.<P>
-<!-- hhmts start -->
-13 Dec 2000 3diff
-<!-- hhmts end -->
+</div><!-- for id="content", starts in the include above -->
+<!--#include virtual="/server/footer.html" -->
+<p>Please send general FSF & GNU inquiries to
+There are also <a href="/contact/">other ways to contact</a>
+the FSF. Broken links and other corrections or suggestions can be sent
+to <a href="mailto:address@hidden"><address@hidden></a>.</p>
+<p><!-- TRANSLATORS: Ignore the original text in this paragraph,
+ replace it with the translation of these two:
+ We work hard and do our best to provide accurate, good quality
+ translations. However, we are not exempt from imperfection.
+ Please send your comments and general suggestions in this regard
+ to <a href="mailto:address@hidden">
+ <p>For information on coordinating and submitting translations of
+ our web pages, see <a
+ README</a>. -->
+Please see the <a
+README</a> for information on coordinating and submitting translations
+of this article.</p>
+<!-- Regarding copyright, in general, standalone pages (as opposed to
+ files generated as part of manuals) on the GNU web server should
+ be under CC BY-ND 4.0. Please do NOT change or remove this
+ without talking with the webmasters or licensing team first.
+ Please make sure the copyright date is consistent with the
+ document. For web pages, it is ok to list just the latest year the
+ document was modified, or published.
+ If you wish to list earlier years, that is ok too.
+ Either "2001, 2002, 2003" or "2001-2003" are ok for specifying
+ years, as long as each year in the range is in fact a copyrightable
+ year, i.e., a year in which the document was published (including
+ being publicly visible on the web or in a revision control system).
+ There is more detail about copyright years in the GNU Maintainers
+ Information document, www.gnu.org/prep/maintain. -->
+<p>Copyright © 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2019 Free Software Foundation,
+<p>This page is licensed under a <a rel="license"
+Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License</a>.</p>
+<!--#include virtual="/server/bottom-notes.html" -->
+<!-- timestamp start -->
+$Date: 2019/01/22 06:02:02 $
+<!-- timestamp end -->
+</div><!-- for class="inner", starts in the banner include -->
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- www/software/xhippo xhippo.html,