wp-mirror-list

[Wp-mirror-list] Fresh Debian Wheezy install fails on 'nil' and hdparm

From: Jason Cooper
Subject: [Wp-mirror-list] Fresh Debian Wheezy install fails on 'nil' and hdparm
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 16:48:20 -0500

All,

I just learned about wp-mirror yesterday, so forgive me if this is a
naive question.

I just did a clean install of Debian Wheezy to a VM with ~200G.  My
first problem is that 'wp-mirror --mirror' insists on running hdparm on
the root LV, which is backed by /dev/vda2...  I worked around this by
setting:

(defparameter *whereis-hdparm*               "/bin/true")

in local.conf.  I don't think this is the proper way to disable this
option and I'd appreciate some suggestions.  Honestly, I've never seen a
config file format like this before...

The second problem is that in working around hdparm, I then get:

-----asserting-prerequisite-hardware-begin----
[ ok ]count-cpu
[ ok ]assert-disk-space-if-large-wikipedia-p
[ ok ]assert-physical-memory-if-large-wikipedia-p
[ ok ]assert-partition-free-images
[....]assert-hdd-write-cache-p
*** - regexp:regexp-exec: argument nil is not a string

based on it's use in default.conf, I assume that nil is legitimate
syntax, so something else must be wrong.  Any idea what could be wrong
here?  I suspect that this is fallout from my first hack, but I can't be
sure.

thx,

Jason.