wp-mirror-list

Re: [Wp-mirror-list] Download issue with wp-mirror

From: Benjamin Goldsmith
Subject: Re: [Wp-mirror-list] Download issue with wp-mirror
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 15:21:38 -0400

Dear Kent,

Thank you for all of the information.

> 0) Hardware.
>
> Currently the disk space required for the `enwiki' images is 2.2T and
> growing.  A 2T RAID array is no longer adequate.

I went ahead and reworked my configuration.  Now I have 4T for images.

> 1) assert-hdd-write-cache-disabled-p check.
>
> You may disable this without collateral issues.  In fact, in the next
> release, WP-MIRROR 0.6, it will be user configurable, with the default
> setting being to not disable the hdd write caches.

That sounds like a great feature.

> 3) Scraping image file names

> The function `fsm-file-wikix' scrapes an `xchunk' for images file
> names, and then generates a corresponding `ichunk'.  The error message
>
>     regexp:regexp-exec: argument eof is not a string
>
> indicates that the regular _expression_ matcher was somehow fed an empty
> string.  This is a bug.  I will try to fix it in WP-MIRROR 0.6.  You
> may step over this bug by executing:

Thank you for the step over instructions.  It's happening here and there.  If you find a fix please let us know.  For now I simply check on the job periodically to see if it has stopped.

Thanks again for your detailed responses.  I'll keep you posted as to my progress.

Best,
-Ben