wp-mirror-list

[Wp-mirror-list] Attempting to Mirror en

From: wp mirror
Subject: [Wp-mirror-list] Attempting to Mirror en
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 15:05:07 -0500

Dear Benjamin,

1) FSM.  I am interested to learn how you tweaked the FSM priorities.
I too edited the priorities to solve the bug that you reported.
Please take a look at the Table 5.3 FSM Priority Table in the
WP-MIRROR 0.4 Reference Manual.  I would like to know how your
solution differed from mine.

The Reference Manual is in the new package, and also posted at:

<http://www.nongnu.org/wp-mirror/manual/wp-mirror-0.4.pdf>

2) InnoDB.  I included in the Reference Manual notes taken while
searching for ways to optimize database performance.  Please take a
look at Figure E.1 InnoDB Experiments.

3) WP-MIRROR 0.5.  I included in the Reference Manual a change log.
Please take a look at Appendix D Change History.

Now that v0.4 is shipped, I can now take the `helicoper view' and
think about what the main design objective for v0.5 should be.  I have
a dozen small features that came to mind after the v0.4 feature
freeze.  But it is best to have a big picture like:

v0.1 - proof of concept (mirror single wikipedia)

v0.2 - mirror arbitrary set of wikipedias

v0.3 - solve dependency issues (package for Debian)

v0.4 - completely automate configuration

v0.5 - port to related distributions (Ubuntu, etc.) ?

v0.6 - ?

Some kind of `technology road-map' would be useful.  Your thoughts
would be most welcome.

Sincerely Yours,
Kent