wp-mirror-list

[Wp-mirror-list] Attempting to Mirror en

From: wp mirror
Subject: [Wp-mirror-list] Attempting to Mirror en
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 18:47:18 -0400

Dear Benjamin,

1) Debian wheezy.  I have about a month experience running wheezy on a
desktop and on a laptop.  So it is time to share some observations.
Overall it looks good.  However, it does force a few incompatible
upgrades upon wp-mirror.

1.1) debian/control.  I have updated the 'debian/control' file to
reflect a number of new dependencies.
Added:  common-lisp-controller, clisp-module-clx, tzdata
Removed:  cl-asdf (because it is a dependency of common-lisp-controller)

1.2) packaging.  Debian packaging standards have changed just a bit.
Both 'debuild' and 'pbuilder' have been upgraded.  'pbuilder' is a
clean room for building, installing, removing packages.  I now have
'pbuilder' configured for 'wheezy'.  I fixed all the 'lintian'
warnings for my package.

1.3) clisp.  Wheezy uses clisp v2.49 without the 'clx' module.  The
'clx' module is now packaged separately as 'clisp-module-clx'.  This
module loads properly.  However, when 'wp-mirror --gui' calls one of
the 'xlib' functions, it throws an error message and aborts.  On the
plus side, 'wp-mirror --screen' works fine.

1.4) MySQL.  Wheezy uses mysql v5.5.  Most of the functionality that
was in the mysql-server-5.1 plugin for InnoDB, has now been migrated
into the built-in InnoDB.  This requires rewriting
'/etc/mysql/conf.d/custom.cnf' for both laptop and desktop cases.
wp-mirror v0.4 will automatically: secure the installation, load the
time zone tables, and customize by installing
'/etc/mysql/conf.d/wpmirror_laptop.cnf'.

     I am thinking of writing a 'wp-mirror --restore-defaults' option,
which would drop all databases and configuration files, and rebuild
the default 'simple' wiki.This would let a user that messed up the
'en' wiki installation to return to a known starting point.  I see no
show-stoppers here.  On the other hand, it is actually a
'nuke-and-pave' option which may be too dangerous for the average
user.  Your input would be most welcome.

1.5) MediaWiki.  Wheezy uses mediawiki v1.19.  This eliminates the
need for the patched '/usr/share/mediawiki/includes/Import.php'
required with v1.15.  MediaWiki configuration has been changed.  The
underlying database schema has changed.  Pages are rendered badly.
Completed task:
    generate '/etc/mediawiki/AdminSettings.php' by scraping
'/etc/mysql/debian.cnf'.

1.6) gm.  Image processing has problems.  Many images are not being
resized.  It is not yet clear where the problem lies.  It may lie with
MediaWiki.

1.7) php.  My /usr/share/mediawiki/maintenance/*_farm.php scripts are
not executing properly.  I am getting an unexpected error message:

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: SERVER_NAME in
/etc/mediawiki/LocalSettings_wpmirror.php on line 7

1.8) hdparm.  I fixed the code that you commented out in v0.3.  The
v0.4 should correctly identify the underlying disk, and disable
write-caching.

2) wp-mirror v0.3 'en' wiki

Please take a look at my e-mail of 2012-08-08 and your subsequent
reply.  At that time the SIMPLEWIKI database was not installed
correctly.  I am guessing that your current problem is related to that
one.

Please let me see your output for ENWIKI for the commands that we used
to diagnose the SIMPLEWIKI problem.

Sincerely Yours,
Kent