wget-dev

Re: wget2 | Unimplemented option '--convert-file-only' (#438)

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: wget2 | Unimplemented option '--convert-file-only' (#438)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 13:47:45 +0000

Tim Rühsen commented:

The text sounds not quite right. How can this option be useful for populating
"internet caches" ? The whole text is a bit weird to me...

Maybe we should find out more about how people use it and then decide how to
proceed.

It looks like the main purpose is to convert links into ones without scheme
(net path `//` only). This could make sense for caching proxies to have just
one set of files for both, http:// and https://.

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/438#note_235720698