[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Wget-dev] wget2 | Find a way to handle extremely long file names / URLs
[Wget-dev] wget2 | Find a way to handle extremely long file names / URLs (#446)
Fri, 03 May 2019 15:12:17 +0000
New Issue was created.
Issue 446: https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/446
Author: Tim Rühsen
Wget2 can't currently save long names to disk, like
Wget1.x does it by truncating the name to the max. filename length of the
underlying file system. That might badly go wrong if two URLs only differ in
the truncated part.
We could implement different user-configurable strategies:
- print error and don't save
- truncate like Wget1.x does
- use a hash (e.g. SHA1/2/3) as file name and store the original URL in
extended file attributes (xattr)
- use a hash as file name and create a map file (e.g. `.wgetmapping`, or
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitLab:
You're receiving this email because of your account on gitlab.com.
- [Wget-dev] wget2 | Find a way to handle extremely long file names / URLs (#446),
Tim Rühsen <=