wget-dev

[Wget-dev] [GSOC 2019] Interested in adding QUIC support

From: Edward Hui
Subject: [Wget-dev] [GSOC 2019] Interested in adding QUIC support
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 13:12:25 +0800

Hi community,

This is Edward, an Information Engineering student in Hong Kong. I have
read the documentation of QUIC and I hope to participate with implementing
it in wget2, I have experience on socket programming in C++ with TCP&UDP,
together with rich internship and competition experience.

Besides, I feel really interested in the idea of QUIC and I would like to
seek professional advice from developer team. Is it possible to set
planning like:
1. Implement simple client and server connection with QUIC first
2. Migrate the code with wget2

Or all the coding and testing is recommended to perform together with the
source code of wget2?
Thank you very much for the time spent on reading my email and I look
forward to hearing from you soon.

Many thanks,
Edward