wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | -X does not work (#365)

From: DalmeGNU
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | -X does not work (#365)
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 11:37:21 +0000

* does `/pub` match `/top/pub` ?

I think not

 - does `/pub` match `/pubx` ?

IMO it doesn't. `/pub*` or `/pub?` should match `/pubx` (if we decide to allow
wildcards)

 - what does `pub` match ?

IMO `pub` should match every path that contains pub. So `-X pub` should exclude
`/pub` and `/top/pub`

 - should we allow wildcards / regexes ?

I think wildcards would be quite useful e.g. `-X/*/pub`: This will download
every directory and subdirectory except the `pub`(s) subdirectories. Also,
wildcards may be a headache for us. I don't know what is a regex.

 - how exactly do we want to combine/process several occurrences of -I and -X ?

I think that this is is the biggest problem now. In some cases they will be
compatible and in the ones that they aren't maybe we should check that in
options.c and disable -I/-X/the two option(s)

 - will we download HTML from `pub/worthless` for scanning (but not saving) or
not

What would be this useful for?

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/365#note_86256477