weechat-support

[Weechat-support] weechat-curses appears to pollute the GNU/screen statu

From: Chris Jones
Subject: [Weechat-support] weechat-curses appears to pollute the GNU/screen status line
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 12:59:56 -0400

I'm on debian squeeze and I recently upgraded to the backports version
of weechat (0.3.8) from the stable version (0.3.2) and I noticed that
I now have ‘weechat 0.3.8’ displayed in my GNU screen status line:

irc://diniwed:<password>@irc.freenode.net//#weechat,#debian,..."

| hardstatus alwayslastline "%{+b kw}%S%{+b kw} |... | %{-b km} (%n %t) %{+b
kw}| %W %=| %6` | %D %m/%d/%y %c:%s"

Since I have quite a few screen ‘windows’, I much prefer setting the
title to something short and significant such as a single capital
letter..

In weechat's case, I chose a capital ‘I’, so that what is displayed on
the hardstatus line in lieu of ‘(%n %t)’ above is normally ‘5 I’.

I thought I'd direct weechat's output to a file and I see this:

| <bunch of terminal escape sequences>;weechat 0.3.8  .. etc.

It _looks_ like this is what ends up in my GNU/screen status line.

If this is the case, is there any way I could silence it..?

I tried changing some options in weechat.conf (such as setting the
display.version to ‘off’) to no effect.

Next step is probably to unistall and reinstall the older version, (if
only to confirm that that's what caused the problem..) but perhaps s/o
has a better idea of how I should go about debugging this..?

In the meantime, I'll try to research how exactly GNU/screen handles its
‘%t’ titles..

Any clues..?

Thanks,

CJ