weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [bug #41104] Changing line's prefix using hdata_update cra

From: tomoe mami
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [bug #41104] Changing line's prefix using hdata_update crashed Weechat
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 07:26:19 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name:
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 0.4.3-dev
                IRC nick: tomoe-mami

Details:

Using hdata_update to change the last line's prefix crashed Weechat. The
test.lua script and gdb backtrace are in the attachments.

If I use the same script to change message or date, it works fine.

Also, some people have informed me to not use hdata to change stuffs (as it
already says modification is forbidden in the top of hdata section of plugin
docs), but the doc for hdata_update shows an example of python script changing
the date of last line. If it's forbidden, I think that script example should
be gone since it will confuse people or may be just make that function
unavailable to script.

If modification is allowed but not prefix, then prefix should be removed from
"List of hdata -> line_data -> Update allowed".

File Attachments:

Date: Sun 05 Jan 2014 07:26:19 AM GMT  Name: test.lua  Size: 409B   By:
tomoe_mami

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=30190>