weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [task #12775] Display a "day changed" notification when tw

From: Peter Boström
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [task #12775] Display a "day changed" notification when two messages in buffer are on different days
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 09:43:00 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, task #12775 (project weechat):

I'd like this as well. To expand: I have some very inactive buffers, such as
highmon, and channels when using smart-filter that have several day-changed
messages in a row. It would be very nice to have these contracted to "Day
changed from Fri, 16 Aug 2013 to Mon, 19 Aug 2013" between messages, when
they're more than one day in between.

I'd still like a "day changed" at the bottom of the screen though, if the day
has changed , to display that the last message might also be far away in time,
even if there's no following message.

With these changes in place, per-window, multiple day-changed messages in the
merged-servers window shouldn't have to be necessary, only that there's one
"Day changed" that doesn't belong to any server, but rather the window
displaying them.

They would have to update when enabling/disabling filters though, so I'm not
sure how this ties in with existing code.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?12775>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/