weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [bug #38819] /disconnect doesn't reset retry count

From: parafin
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [bug #38819] /disconnect doesn't reset retry count
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 13:46:12 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name:
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 0.4.0
                IRC nick:

Details:

After this change:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=weechat.git;a=commitdiff;h=248aa8d73a60060ee0e625942c31748e8262b593;hp=70ce7fe3b6caa6128cb6e8bfb0eaaf39f1ebe4ce
current connection retry count influences which IP address will be picked by
weechat for server. That has negative consequences for me - I have IPv6 tunnel
and want to connect to IRC networks through it. The problem is that sometimes
it fails and weechat reconnects to IPv4 address. After that /reconnect and
/disconnect + /connect commands will only use IPv4 addresses, totally ignoring
IPv6 connection (well, maybe until connecting to IPv4 address fails). I found
only 2 ways to reenable IPv6 - restarting weechat and changing/adding
addresses to server configuration (smth like /set
irc.server.freenode.addresses chat.freenode.net,ipv6.chat.freenode.net) +
using /reconnect -switch. Both of them aren't convenient workarounds. I think
/disconnect command should reset retry counts.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?38819>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/