weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [patch #7992] Support IPv6 xfers

From: Andrew Potter
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [patch #7992] Support IPv6 xfers
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 22:15:46 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                IRC nick: talisein

Details:

This patch depends on patch #7974

This patch adds support for IPv6 xfers.

There are two primary changes to weechat_network_connect_to():
* Because a ulong obviously can't transfer an IPv6 address, struct addrinfo*
is used instead, and the port parameter is unused as it would be redundant,
ignored, or confusing.
* Because the proxy may be at an IPv4 address and the target IPv6--or vice
versa--the socket() call must be made in network_connect_to() so that it is
created in the correct family. So network_connect_to() now returns the socket
fd.

I could use some specific feedback in two areas:
* I've changed remote_address and local_address to (struct addrinfo_storage).
It could be (struct addrinfo*) instead, but I'm unsure which most desirable
with regard to style.
* I'd like to introduce a timeout parameter to network_connect_to(), a struct
timeval* that select() would use in network_connect(). I don't know if that
should be in a separate patch, or if you want all the API change at once.

As the patch is a little lengthy, it might be easier to leave line-by-line
comments on github:
https://github.com/talisein/weechat/commit/ea21df8782ed30cde71404a4233bf18f7b2a4bb6

I've tested vanilla sending/receiving via IPv4 and IPv6, but not setting
own_ip and using a proxy.

File Attachments:

Date: Tue 02 Apr 2013 10:15:45 PM GMT  Name: 0002-xfer-Support-IPv6-DCC.patch
Size: 47kB   By: talisein