weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [bug #36533] Mouse sometimes unresponsive

From: Christopher O'Neill
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [bug #36533] Mouse sometimes unresponsive
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 21:40:21 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name:
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 0.3.8-dev
                IRC nick: Deltafire

Details:

There are two different symptoms here that may be related:

1) Sometimes Weechat ignores all mouse clicks.  Toggling /mouse disable /mouse
enable doesn't solve the issue, and /debug mouse shows no output.  However,
the mouse functionality is restored if the mouse wheel is moved.  This
behaviour has been noticed when using PuTTY and MinTTY on Windows, and iTerm2
on OSX.  This state of non-responsiveness remains when detaching the terminal
and reconnecting from another machine/terminal emulator.  Starting VIM in
another session confirms that mouse support is still working with other
applications.

2) Occasionally WeeChat doesn't act on mouse-clicks, but instead outputs a
short string of seemingly random characters - for instance "M#,)" (is WeeChat
missing or ignoring the ESC?).  I've noticed this when using MinTTY on
Windows, but it may not be specific to this, as I use this configuration more
than any other.

I am using WeeChat with tmux, although I think I may have experienced this
problem with screen also (but not 100% certain).  I mentioned my symptoms
detailed in (1) in #weechat, where one other user stated that he had also
occasionally experienced this.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?36533>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/