weechat-dev

[Weechat-dev] [bug #29018] crash when using debug messages and loading a

From: Elián Hanisch
Subject: [Weechat-dev] [bug #29018] crash when using debug messages and loading a script
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 00:57:41 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
         Originator Name:
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: 0.3.1
                IRC nick: m4v

Details:

use "/debug set core 9" and make sure you can see the hook and unhook
messages coming from scripts, then load chanmon.pl, a crash will follow.
Without debug messages loading the script is harmless.

I have reproduced this crash with other scripts as well, like newsbar.pl and
snarl_net_notify.pl.
I don't know what in the scripts is causing the crash, at first I suspected
that the hook_print they use was to blame, but then loading hlpvitem.py didn't
crash, which also has a similar hook_print.

This can be nasty if you're casually debugging your script, close weechat,
and then try to start weechat again. If you have one the trouble scripts in
autoload then weechat will always crash on startup unless you use -s or -p
options.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?29018>

  Mensaje enviado vai/por Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/