web-hurd

Re: GSoc documentation

From: Thomas Schwinge
Subject: Re: GSoc documentation
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:26:23 +0800

Hi Pierre!

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 02:42:41 +0200, Pierre Thierry <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've updated the GSoC page and added, for documentation, the complete
> text of my proposal. You can pull the modifications at the following
> address:

Thanks for taking the initiative!  However let's just get you fully set
up so that you can push this yourself: please register at
<https://savannah.gnu.org/> and apply to become a member of
<https://savannah.gnu.org/project/hurd/>, and as well send an email as
indicated in <http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/public_hurd_boxen.html>
for an account on flubber, which is where the repository for
<http://www.bddebian.com:8888/~hurd-web/> lives.  (See
<http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/contributing/web_pages.html> for
description of the statging area, etc.)

> http://hermes.eliope.net/~pierre/hurd/web.git/

I'd suggest one change: don't comment out the »We have a list of
[[project_ideas]] [...]« part -- people may still apply for mentoring
even outside of the GSoC context, as suggested in that text.  I suggest:
of [[project_ideas]] [...]« text.

After you're set up, please push with that change, if it makes sense to
you, too.

Grüße,
 Thomas