web-hurd

Copyright Clearance Request for HURD logo

From: NSK
Subject: Copyright Clearance Request for HURD logo
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:20:37 +0200

Hello

I am the admin of Wikinerds Portal, a site with news on Free software,
 science and other topics: http://portal.wikinerds.org

I am writing an article about the GNU/HURD-L4 port. My article will be
released under a copyleft open-content licence, specifically the Creative
Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 (CC-By-SA-2). In addition it will be
dual-licensed under the GFDL1.2.

I would like to use the GNU/HURD logo on my article. I will note in the
article where I found it along with a note that it isn't part of my own
CC-content - i.e. I mean only the text is CC). I will give a link to the
original location and I will include any copyright attribution or credit
notices required (could you tell me exactly what notice I need to display? Is
it "GNU/HURD logo is (C) by Free Software Foundation" ?).

Here is the GNU/HURD logo pic I want to display:

http://www.gnu.org/graphics/hurd_sm_mf.jpg

The pic, which may be a scaled down version (depending on how I manage to lay
it out together with the text), will be displayed
and stored on my server wikinerds.org

PS> Do you have any general webpage describing the procedure
journalists/authors need to follow when displaying any of your logos in
articles?

Thank you very much,

--
NSK (Nikolaos S. Karastathis)