w3-dev

[W3-dev] URL error when trying to edit a wiki

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: [W3-dev] URL error when trying to edit a wiki
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:30:27 -0600

I am on this page

http://ratpoison.elektrubadur.se/Browsers

trying to make an entry about Emacs/w3 (coincidentally), and when I
click on the link "Edit text of this page", I get the following
error:

Could not contact host: ratpoison.elektrubadur.se?action=edit;id=browsers / 80
Attempted using gateway method: native
---- Error was: ----
ratpoison.elektrubadur.se?action=edit;id=browsers/80 No address associated with
nodename

I think the problem is that URL should be

ratpoison.elektrubadur.se/?action=edit;id=SiteMap

or:

ratpoison.elektrubadur.se/action=edit;id=SiteMap

I've tried both of these out and I think that the second is better
(I had trouble with the first one coming up with a blank multiline
text area).

How the link got mangled.  It works fine in Lynx.