vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] where are we at?

From: Eric Altendorf
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] where are we at?
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:17:42 -0800

On Friday 15 November 2002 04:16, Chris Smith wrote:
> I've done a summary of the commonality between SEE and VRS using
> SEE terms. You may have already seen this.
> http://www.nfluid.com/dgee/dgee.html

Looks good.

> The data encapsulation is very simple.
> It really is very simple under the hood - perhaps someone would
> like to write an implementation of it in C#  ??

I could do that if you think it would be useful for development of the
various modules (network server, service manager, resource manager).

> I've got ilrun bound to a goldwater server so that it can be sent
> bytecode to be executed... however it's a statically linked binary
> of about 4Mb and will have to stay that way until we get to the
> bottom of the shared library core dump problem.

No problem, it's still exciting!

> Before C# bits can be written we need a nice C# Goldwater 'class'.
> I'm willing to divert my attention from doing the C framework to
> doing the goldwater C# 'class' (which shouldn't take long - but it
> has to be correct as it may be difficult to change it later as it
> will define the GW interface!). If I then write down the black-box
> interface that's in my head for modules A-D in the dgee, then
> perhaps we could develop the framework together and much faster.

OK, I think I need some elaboration here.  Do you mean a C# class that
provides a front-end interface to GW, so that our various VRS modules
and managers can talk via GW?

eric

--
"First they ignore you.  Then they laugh at you.
 Then they fight you.  And then you win."             -Gandhi