vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Mobile Agents

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Mobile Agents
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 05:46:14 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.infosys.tuwien.ac.at/Research/Agents/intro.html

> An idea occured to me last night which (hopefully)
> solves an LDS subscription
> issue I've had in the back of my mind.....
>
> Each LDS needs to 'connect' to 2 or more other LDS's
> in the VRS cluster to be
> even sure of a reliable connection.  The more the
> better etc.
>
> How does the subscribing LDS get to know about the
> other LDS's in the cluster?
> Well the VRS member LDS that our subscribing LDS
> contacts in order to join
> the VRS needs to have a complete list of all the
> other LDS's in the cluster.
> (What a mouthful!)
> This is bad.  Difficult to engineer and I just don't
> like it :o)

What do you see as the problem with each LDS
maintaining a complete list?  With an open p2p sytem
like Guntilla, I could understand this question.  But
with a closed, finit cluster like VRS, there shouldn't
be all that many node in the cluster to begin with.