vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] VRS Development Idea

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] VRS Development Idea
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:27:02 +0000

On Friday 22 March 2002 14:23, Bill Lance wrote:

> I think this would be great.  There is just one thing
> that I seriously ask for:  That documentation is a
> forethought, not an afterthought.

Absolutely.  I rarely code at the keyboard anyway - however
the docs I start off with are rarely in an electronic format
initially.

Besides, as it's a team effort - work needs to be distributed
and if documentation is not available then things will come
unstuck.

> I have started the docs in html format on the homesite
> page, and I think this should continue.  That does
> mean that we will have to keep the html in some
> consistant format.  What's up there now was composed
> in Amaya.  This is a quite functional wysiwyg html
> editer that produces very clean W3W standard code.  In
> fact, Amaya is produced  by the W3W as the reference
> implemenetation of the standards.  I would suggest
> that anyone adding material to the docs use this tool
> to keep things consistant.  Although clean hand code
> should work well too.  But most, if not all, of the
> other html editors I've seen produce much garbage in
> thier html code.  And the chances of it being
> compatable accross such editors in null.

I code html by hand usually.  Much faster, smaller and
more acurate.
Every web site I've done has be done with vi.

Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.