vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] on a freestanding LDS

From: Chris Smith
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] on a freestanding LDS
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:12:49 +0000

On Monday 18 March 2002 14:21, Bill Lance wrote:

> To date, we have been looking at an LDS only as
> running
> within the context of a Cluster.  It's only
> independent
> actions are to subscribe to a Cluster and to login to
> running Custer.
>
> It also could operate alone.  If the users services
> and
> data is Registered in the local LDS, everything is
> there to respond to a request for those services while
> the user is on line.  This may be quiet sufficient for
> many users, most of the time.  But when greater
> bandwitdh, or full time presence is needed, then the
> user can subscribe to a Cluster, and gain those
> resources.  Or, they can organize a new Cluster if a
> convient one is not available.
>
> How does this grab ya'll?

Fine.
If you don't mind me talking lower level here, then I'll
begin by talking out loud....

The cluster image and resource image will be shared
across all machines in the cluster.  This is handled
by the Cluster manager.

If there is only one machine in the cluster, then there
is only one machine in the cluster!

>From and application (LDS) point of view it doesn't care.
Requests are resolved from the available data set.  This
is done transparently by the management services.  If the
data can not be completed (because too many cluster LDSs
have 'gone away' impolitely (without unsubscribing) then
requests *may* not be able to be satisfied.

But with a single machine 'cluster', this will not be the
case.  In fact, this machine can mark all of its resources
as private so that if it does want to join another cluster
then it can share their resources without sharing its own.

The CM and RM using Goldwaters hierarchical GWService set
to hide WHERE resources come from.

Okay, reading that back to myself..... Yeah, that works
doesn't it?

Answers on a postcard.....

Chris

--
Chris Smith
  Technical Architect - netFluid Technology Limited.