vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Cluster Management Message (was CVS)

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Cluster Management Message (was CVS)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 06:49:00 -0800 (PST)

--- Chris Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thursday 21 February 2002 14:04, you wrote:
>
> No - but LDS's must be designed from the onset as
> being
> 'publically advertisable' - which'll mean that the
> Service Discovery Server thing will need to wired up
> in some way to the Cluster for feedback etc.
>
> This will affect the decision process of choosing a
> suitable Discovery Server (UDDI/LDAP etc).
>
> We want a common one for dotGNU don't we?

hehehe ... frankly, I think dotGNU is in about as much
confusion, if not more, than dotNET is  :(

I think that we probably have all bases covered right
now.  Any LDS except III's can now serve as a portal
to a Cluster.  Thu, as you point out, some may not
want to.  Also, an LDS host may already be running
Apache on port 80 anyhow.  And whatever service or
directory protocols evolve can be plugged into the
Service Module Framework

At least, that's what I'm thinking.