vrs-development

Re: [Vrs-development] Some file system possibilities

From: Bill Lance
Subject: Re: [Vrs-development] Some file system possibilities
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 07:47:52 -0800 (PST)

--- Chris Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Absolutly!!  One guarenteed limit of any
> hiearchial FS
> > is that is would make any Windows inmplementation
> > impossible.
>

> > Really.  Why?

Humm ... well, I was thinking because of the different
expectation applications have for what files are
where.  But I guess it would not make any difference
for things like ftp or http services.

> >  Of course, that is probably impossible
> > anyway if security and privacy is the prime
> directive
> > of our design.
>
> Well that's true.  But if everything is executing
> within a SEE then that's
> not going to be an issue.  Or is it?

Do you think it is even possible to build true
security into a Windows system?  I am certainly not
expert at this, but I would assume that anything you
can do in userspace is undermined by flaws in the OS
itself.